- Minimum of 2 years of culinary experience required – pastry work or chocolate work desirable but not essential
- A qualification in culinary arts or equivalent
- Part-Time Role, subject to a probationary period
- Location: Based at Gonzaga House, Co Wexford
We are recruiting for someone who has creative thinking skills, an interest in flavour and a passion not just for chocolate but for culinary arts in general.
You will need patience, the ability to handle pressure while maintaining extremely high attention to detail.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join a creative and ambitious team and be part of a growing brand.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Creating production schedules to ensure our chocolate is made on time and orders are fulfilled
- Maintaining and updating our chocolate making procedures
- Implementing our HACCP guidelines and record keeping
- Ensuring cleanliness of kitchen, equipment, and production unit
- Stock control and ordering
- Assisting with preparing chocolate ingredients and products
- Controlling temperature and operating equipment when creating chocolate products
- Testing new ingredients to create our seasonal, one-off and collaboration chocolates
- Contributing to the design, look and taste of our chocolates to ensure that we continually maintain our high standards
- Tempering, moulding, and making chocolate to in-house specification
- Inspecting finished products to ensure quality
Working Hours and Conditions:
Two full days per week
This role involves standing for much of the day, dealing with large volumes of chocolate and moving equipment and supplies.
You will also work during the holiday seasons – Christmas, Valentines and Easter as this is the time that we have our largest orders.
Bean and Goose is founded by Karen and Natalie, sisters, and chocolate makers. We have been crafting chocolate in the beautiful Wexford countryside since 2014. Our products are made using sustainably sourced single origin Ecuadorian chocolate. Inspired by the flavours, landscape, designers & makers of Ireland we create exciting and beautiful products that tell the contemporary Irish story.
All our products are created and packaged in the most sustainable way.
We are a small, hardworking, and passionate team who collaborate across all areas of our business.
You will work surrounded by chocolate and avail of a generous employee discount on our products.
This is a part time position based in Wexford (subject to probationary period) The hours will be Tuesday and Wednesday 9.30 -5 .30 pm with the expectation that you will be available for extra days during the period preceding our key sales opportunities, October – December and February to March/April
If you think you are a great fit for this role send a cover letter detailing why you think this position is for you and attach it along with your CV and any other relevant documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are open now with the role to commence mid-August 2020
Karen & Natalie